Monday, August 01, 2005

Adulthood

This semester I had to make a quick change in units because until I can divide myself up so I can be in three places at once, there was no way in hell that I was going to do one of the units I'd originally enrolled in. So from a list of units that I wasn't really interested in but I had to choose the lesser of three evils, I picked Children and the Media which is Murdochlish for 'philosophy, psychology, anthropology, literature with some media theory added in for good measure'. Anyhoo, someone started talking about how kids are growing up so fast these days and it's all the fault of the media and capitalist consumerism, blahdeetcetera.

Which begs me to ask the questions: What is adulthood? When do we reach adulthood? How do we measure adulthood? And are kids growing up too fast these days?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home